Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Little Chatterbox

High noon and Scarlet was dead on 105.5 grams. How awesome am I at weight management! LOL. But seriously. I took Scarlet out into the warehouse for some creance training over lunch. I am fortunate that we have a HUGE warehouse space so I will even be able to work her when there is inclement weather. I set her perch on the table and hooker her up to the creance. 5 ft, 10 ft, 20 ft, 20 ft, hmmmmm.....ADD!! Where am I?!?! It is at this point that Scarlet decided our warehouse shelves made a better perch than the one I provided. She made a point of telling me this promptly after landing there. Several times, in fact. It seems my little girl does know how to talk, she has just been nice and blessed me with silence until now. Ok....kinda like a tree, I'll play. It only took a few calls before I was able to get her down off the shelf and to my fist. AWESOME! I was very happy. I put her back on the table, backed up 10 feet and called her again. Nope. Again, her perch is better and that is where she headed. After yelling at me a little more I was able to call her down to the fist even quicker this time. SWEET! I put her back on the table, wash, rinse and repeat - she goes back to the shelves, this time to the very top. It took a lot more coaxing to get her back down this time as she had eaten most of her food ration so she was not as hungry. She did eventually come down tho and I called it a day. Although it did not go exactly as planned, all in all I would have to say it was a pretty successful day. Tomorrow I will go outside to creance her....away from shelves. :)

No comments: