Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Best Day Ever!

Due to falconer error and being stuck in a meeting WAY longer than expected Scarlet was at 100 grams today at lunch. She has been down to 101 before, but this is the lowest she has ever been. As quickly as possible I cut up food, tied her to the creance and headed outside. I started out at about 10 feet and barely had my fist in the air before she was in bound. Excellent! I moved farther and farther back and it only got better and better. Before I knew it she was flying the full length of the parking lot with instant response. After about 10 flights I pulled the lure and she was inbound. She is still lot landing on the lure but her response was great. She usually lands a foot short and then walks to it. She is still trying to pull it away from me at first but readily accepts the tidbits as I feed them to her. We are making progress there. I am very happy with today's training....time to get out hunting again!

No comments: