Thursday, December 18, 2008

Making progress

Today was just another day at the office...
During the morning feeding (107 grams again :) She did really well at the short distances as usual. I decided to try her a little further, and true to form she did a fly-by around the office. Never a dull moment. LOL. I got her back, put her back on the perch and then let her hop to my glove one more time before feeding her ration.
That evening I fed her a little later than usual but I knew her weight was ok. I stayed at my boyfriend's house, so we flew in the bedroom where I could close her off from any windows she might try to fly out of. Instead of starting close with her I decided to immediately go for the longer flights just in case her wandering was due to the fact she had already eaten some before I backed up. Her first flight was hesitant, but she the flew the full length of the room, corner to corner, with only wandering once. We did about 15 flights at this length before I fed her the rest of her ration. Scarlet is definitely figuring out the game.
The good thing about my schedule and life style is she is being flown in several different places. The scenery is never the same, nor the stimulous around her. I hope this will make the transition to the outside creance a little easier.

8:30 am - 107 grams....Fed 7 grams mouse
2:00pm - 110 grams
9:00pm - 106 grams....Fed 8 grams grackle

No comments: