Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Day 4!!

Another day at work....Today Scarlet is getting much better. She recovers from every bate now, on the fist and on the perch. She is much more alert and curious as well as more animated. She is rousing much more also on the fist and perch.
She finally decided to eat...after much convincing. After speaking with Matthew Mullinex, he suggested that I offer something fresh and more enticing. I did not have sparrows as per his recommendation, but was able to present her with a mouse which she promptly ate from the fist. She ate 8 grams before losing interest. She did get a little lower prior to eating than I would have liked, hence the reason I sought out some sage advice. Matthew assured me that her weight was fine, and they often lose weight more quickly at first then it will level out.
I spent the evening manning Scarlet and she is doing much better. She still likes to bite at the glove, but has not taken to biting at me. I am able to touch her all over to examine her, and he feet and legs are staying in nice condition.

7:30am - 126 grams
11am - 124 grams....Fed 8 grams mouse
3:30pm - 126 grams
9:00pm - 125 grams

No comments: