Thursday, December 11, 2008

Day 5!!

Well, we are coming right along. Scarlet is definitely bating more at work so I am keeping a close eye on her feet and legs to make sure she is not doing any damage. I was able to get her to eat 7 grams of mouse off my fist yesterday afternoon, though I must admit she is still not acting very hungry.
After work Noel, Denise and I visited on of our favorite watering holes for a brew. This is a great place to man a bird, with lots of stimulation. She did very well, although acted freaked out most of the time. We passed her around the table to get her used to other people. After about 2 hours I headed home and sat with her on the fist for another few hours before bed.
I am happy with her manning, although the bating could tame down a bit. She is overall a very calm bird and I have not heard a peep from her as of yet. I can't wait to see how her training progresses.

7am - 121 grams...7 grams mouse
12:30pm - 124 grams
8:00pm - 119 grams

No comments: