Monday, December 8, 2008

Day 2!!

I have a study session today for finals this week which monopolized my morning. I awoke at 8:30am and spent 1 hour with Scarlet on the fist before my study partner arrived. I decided to try Scarlet out on the wall perch during while studying so that she would begin to get used to me and the surroundings. She did very well with only a few bates but it did take her several hours to actually stand up as opposed to sitting on her legs. She spent the evening on my fist and was standing nicely by the end of the day. She even took to pulling on her jesses and biting the glove. She is definitely coming out of her trap shock at this point.I tried to feed her again at 8:30pm. She started out strong, acting as if she was famished. She then took to flicking the food away as if not hungry. I decided to put some food on the glove at this point and figured she would eat if she was hungry. She did bend over for the food, but instead of eating she only tossed it off the glove. I put the food away and called it a night.

8:30am - 135 grams
1pm - 131 grams
8:30pm - 128 grams...Fed 10 grams of grackle at 8:30pm.

No comments: