Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Well, I picked up a very happy Scarlet from Noel this morning. He was kind enough to care for her while I was recovering from my spinal surgery. I knew that he was just going to feed her and not work with her whcih was ok, I am just glad to have a competent adult watching her. It was on less thing to have to worry about while laid up in bed. I had asked her to keep her on the higher side, which he did, and I picked her up at 116 grams this afternoon.
Her training will resume tomorrow, and I have set up a creance for when we move outside. I will begin introducing the lure immediately and working on reenforcing her fist response. It is time to set out the sparrow trap....which will result in a call from my sponsor for some live lures!
I am really looking forward to progressing with her, now that I have the surgery out of the way. Don't get me wrong, my road to recovery is a long one with physical therapy in the future, but the exercise I will get working with Scarlet can only be beneficial.

No comments: