Thursday, February 5, 2009

Getting it Down

I have hesitated to fly Scarlet at lunch, just in case she throws one of her temper tantrums and it takes a while to get her back. Today was overcast and there were birds everywhere so I just could not resist. She was 96 grams at lunch time, so I loaded her up and headed out the door.
I think she finally has it. We had 4 perfect slips and 4 perfect chases. She came VERY close on two of them. I think that she is going out the window a tad too soon as she gets excited, giving her disadvantage. I will have to work with her on that. She came back to the fist easily everytime and after the second slip she was actively looking around for birds while we were driving. I have had a hard time finding prey for her but hit the jackpot today with cowbirds and starling. I really hope that I can get a repeat performance tomorrow, and that the prey decided to hang around!
AWESOME!

No comments: